Would it shock you to learn that an enormous percentage of the adult population avoids even regular dental cleanings and checkups? This is due to dental anxiety or fear of the dentist, and yet it can often lead to a worsening of problems that could be treated far more effectively (and affordably) if dealt with earlier. This is one of the key benefits of sedation dentistry, and it is why Wheatfield Family Dentistry in North Tonawanda, NY makes it readily available to patients with dental anxiety.
Understanding Sedation Dentistry
As your trusted dentist in North Tonawanda, our team is glad to discuss your options for sedation dentistry with you, and long before you might require it. We don’t think of it as something that should be available only to those have more complex procedures such as root canals or even implants. We are more than happy to discuss it with you for such issues as cleanings or other preventative care.
Getting you into our office for an exam and cleaning at least once a year is one of the best benefits of sedation dentistry, but there are many more. Just consider:
- A sedation dentist can provide you with the oral medications needed to allow you to remain calm even as you are simply making your way to your appointment.
- Sedation dentistry means you have no pain at all during any sort of treatment
- Using sedation can often allow our dentist to perform multiple procedures at once – saving you time and money
- One of the key benefits of sedation dentistry is that it allows you to begin associating visits to the dental office with more positive experiences. In time, this actually alters your perception of dental care and can alleviate many symptoms of dental anxiety
- Options for sedation dentistry mean you will no longer hesitate to get basic or more complicated treatment, and this means vast improvements in your overall dental health and wellness
Experience a Better Dental Visit with Sedation Dentistry
These are some of the most significant benefits of sedation dentistry. Do you think it can be of use to you? If so, feel free to give us a call at our North Tonawanda, NY office at 716-694-1777. You can also use our online contact form and one of our staff will get back to you promptly.