Invisalign in North Tonawanda, NY
With Invisalign, patients are learning to discover orthodontics in a more comfortable and convenient way. They provide the same effective results as traditional metal braces without the many hassles. The discreet and clear aligners will allow you to glide through
treatment without a metal smile so you will never need to worry about hiding your mouth. At Wheatfield Family Dentistry, Dr. Heppner and Dr. Bailey can provide patients with Invisalign treatment at our North Tonawanda dental office.
How Invisalign Works
Your dentist, Dr. Heppner or Dr. Bailey, will completely evaluate your smile to determine if you are a candidate for Invisalign. Invisalign can solve most mild to moderate orthodontic problems. Severe cases, however, will require a different means of treatment.
Once determining that Invisalign is the right treatment for you, your dentist will take images and impressions of your mouth to send to the Invisalign lab. From there, your aligners will be custom made to fit your mouth. These aligners will be swapped out for new ones
every two weeks to slowly move your teeth into their desired position. Treatment can take anywhere from 6 months to 2 years depending on the severity of the case. The clear braces should be worn for 22 hours per day, only to be taken out for eating, drinking,
brushing and flossing. You will be required to visit our dentist office in North Tonawanda every 6 weeks or so to check the status of treatment.
The Benefits of Invisalign
There are many benefits associated with Invisalign. First, the clear braces are removable. This is highly desirable for patients who do not want to give up their favorite foods like corn on the cob, or caramel apples. Simply remove the aligners before every meal to
enjoy any food you like. Second, it is comfortable. The clear aligners are made of thin plastic custom fit to your mouth. With regular metal braces, you can easily cut your mouth or tongue on the hard metal or wires. The comfortable aligners are great for all patients,
especially those who play contact sports. In addition, Invisalign gradually moves teeth into their desired position. This results in less pain than with metal braces. Another benefit is that your dental health does not decrease. In addition, the clear aligners are
removable for brushing and flossing which makes them great for maintaining good oral health. Invisalign is a virtually invisible solution, so you can smile both during treatment and after. In fact, almost no one will know you’re wearing it unless you tell.
The Benefits of Straight Teeth
1. Gives you healthier gums – When teeth are too widely spaced or crowded, they often become inflamed and red. These characteristics not only look bad, they’re a sign of periodontal disease.
Straightening your teeth helps the gums fit more securely around the teeth, creating the strongest defense against periodontal problems.
2. Makes teeth easier to clean – Crowded teeth are much more difficult to floss, which can lead to plaque buildup and eventually tooth decay. The inability to remove all the food caught in the brackets and wires of metal braces can also lead to a similar outcome.
3. Prevents abnormal tooth wear – Crowded bottom teeth often cause one or more teeth to jut out, which rub against the upper teeth. Over time, this leads to an inefficient chewing function and can cause undue wear to tooth enamel.
4. Decreases your risk of tooth injury – Crowded, protruding upper teeth are more likely to be broken in the event of an accident.
5. Decreases headaches or neck pain – Crooked teeth place excessive stress on the gums and the bone that supports the teeth. This can also be a sign of a jaw misalignment, which can lead to chronic headaches as well as face or neck pain.
6. Improves self-esteem and happiness – An important component of your overall health is your mental health. Numerous studies have shown that having a better looking smile increases the amount you smile, which in turn leads to various health benefits, including
lower stress and improved cognition.
7. Improves overall health – The tooth decay and gum disease associated with crooked teeth are caused by decay. Left untreated, this bacteria can lead to mouth sores, bleeding gums and possible tooth loss.
Studies by the ADA have also proven that bacteria can create oral infections, which may lead to more serious ailments including heart disease, stroke, diabetes and pneumonia.
Contact Our North Tonawanda Invisalign Specialist Today
If you are interested in the comfortable alternative to metal braces, contact our dentist in North Tonawanda to schedule a consultation today. Dr. Heppner or Dr. Bailey will determine if you are a candidate for Invisalign in addition to answering any questions you
might have. Our dentist can be reached by phone at 716-694-1777 or by filling out our online contact form on our Contact Us page. Experience the many benefits of Invisalign treatment today!